Diva workshop 2016 Roumaillac
The dates of the workshop are from Monday 3 to Friday 7 October 2016. The participants are expected to arrive on Monday and leave on Friday, so the core of the workshop will take place between Tuesday and Thursday.
How to get there?
Bergerac airport has regular connections with Paris-Orly, Charleroi and several towns in the UK, see schedules. Bordeaux airport is another possible income point. Transports from the airports to the lodge will be arranged depending on the arrival of the participants. Please contact us if you want us to pick you up or if you plan to rent a car and could take some other participants. Also let us know if you arrive earlier or leave later than the workshop dates. For those who want to travel by train, check voyages-SNCF, SNCB-Europe or send an email to email@example.com.
The participants will be housed in the lodge. Bath towels and soap are provided in the rooms. Meals are taken on place. Power sockets are Type~F, some of you may need adapters.
Just send an email to Sylvain (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your intention to attend the workshop. Later on we will ask you details concerning your flight/train schedules, in order to organize the drives from the airport/train station to the workshop venue.
As in the previous editions of the workshop, the program will be adapted to each participant, according to its needs and to its experience with the software.
- Arrival of participants, checking of hardware, compilers and libraries to be installed (see list of things to be installed).
- Installation and compilation of the latest stable version of the code. Basic test of the installation for 2D, choice of solver depending on hardware (parallel, serial, iterative)
- Registration to the Diva user group.
An evening buffet is planned to allow for late arrivals.
- General presentation of the workshop: historic, participants, organization.
- Presentation of Diva software (formulation, advantages, implementation).
- Tests with a common data set in 2D (influence of analysis parameters and error field calculation).
- Extraction of topography and creation of contours from topography.
- Test with user's data set (2D).
Evening dinner in village restaurant.
- Presentation of GODIVA (Diva with loops on time and depth levels).
- Test case with a common data set: role of the parameters in the driver file.
- Extraction of data from ODV spreadsheets.
- Application with user data.
- Presentation: recent developments and future improvements of Diva.
- Application with user data (continued).
- Advanced analysis (for expert users): advection, source/decay, multivariate analysis, data transformation, correlated observational errors
- Presentation of the results by the participants.
- User specific questions.
- Feedback questionnaire.
- Departure of participants.
Prior to the workshop, the participants are advised to perform a few installations of software and to prepare their own data files.
- Compilation and execution: cygwin (if windows machine), a Fortran compiler (gfortran, ifort, …) and the netcdf library compiled with the same Fortran compiler that will be used for Diva.
- Visualization of results: gnuplot, ncview, ncbrowse or any other plotting software that can read NetCDF format.
- Processing of results and advanced plotting: matlab or octave, and a the NetCDF toolbox.
- One or several data files in ODV format (spreadsheet). The file may contain several variables if desired.
- A topography for you area of interest.
The presentations and tutorials made during the workshop are available here:
- General information for participants: DivaWorkshop2016_general.pdf
- Installation: DivaWorkshop2016_installation.pdf
- Diva in 2 dimensions: DivaWorkshop2016_diva2D.pdf
- Diva in 4 dimensions: DivaWorkshop2016_diva4D.pdf
- New developments: DivaWorkshop2016_new_developments.pdf
- Advanced features: DivaWorkshop2016_advanced_features.pdf